Erosh resources to support you during the Coronavirus Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to be an uncertain and worrying time for everyone including sheltered and retirement housing providers supporting older people and their own staff. The situation is continuously and frequently changing (and sometimes contradictory), as is the advice and guidance from Government.
On this page we have highlighted our own resources to support you during this unsettling and challenging time; and have signposted you to a variety of other useful information developed by other like-minded organisations.
- Supporting Older People & Staff through Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Supporting Home Workers during the Coronavirus Outbreak
Support from erosh members
There are three key ways erosh members can share challenges and issues about this unprecedented situation:
Erosh Member Networks – although face to face local network meetings are not likely to take place for some time, our members are still meeting virtually and collaborating even more. For example:
- Our Kent network is planning a virtual meeting through Zoom to give members a chance to catch up and share how they are responding to these exceptional circumstances and supporting staff and residents.
- Our South Wales network has been finding out how members are coping through email. Challenges and solutions have been shared along with much needed mutual support at such a difficult time. The network is also working together on an ‘incident plan for worse case scenarios’ should there be a pandemic outbreak in a scheme.
Find out what others in your area are doing by contacting your local network chair who can put you in touch with members near you. Contact information can be found on our Local Networks page.
Erosh Member Forum – now is the prefect time to share your challenges and ask what others are doing to respond to Covid-19 through our Member Forum. Here you can share practical advice, approaches and experiences, and post a question about what other members are doing.
Useful guidance from other organisations
Chartered Institute of Housing – a variety of useful resources. The following may be of particular interest to erosh members:
- COVID-19 fact sheet #3 – Supported Housing factsheet
- COVID-19 fact sheet #4 – Supporting vulnerable tenants affected by Covid-19
- COVID-19 fact sheet #2 – Engaging with tenants about the Coronavirus
- COVID-19 fact sheet #8 – Dealing with anti-social behaviour and COVID-19
Housing LIN Coronavirus Info Hub – a variety of useful resources. The following may be of particular interest to erosh members:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – A Housing LIN practice briefing on specialist housing
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Tips for housing sector on end of life care
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Tips for the housing sector on supporting someone affected by dementia
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Top tips in Bereavement Care in Specialist Housing
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to be an uncertain and worrying time for everyone including sheltered and retirement housing providers supporting older people and their own staff. …